Seeing as last week’s promise of only baking post-productivity really didn’t work, I decided that baking should become part of the productive process. Which means that this week is all about the quick bake, something that can be produced in a lunch hour.
Quick bakes also mean quick posts, so I’ll let the photos do the talking in this one…I mean, do I really need to sell you on the raspberry and white chocolate combination, especially in soft cookie form?
Raspberry and White Chocolate Cookies
Recipe adapted from here. I couldn’t be bothered with making neat cookies, so I just shoved the dough into a pan, and then cut it with a pizza wheel. Easy, and it looks neater than my cookies normally do.
115 grams butter
100 grams light brown soft sugar
100 grams caster sugar
¾ teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk or double cream (no double cream in the house, milk turned out well)
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cornflour
167 grams flour
large handful of raspberries
large handful of white chocolate chunks
1) Preheat oven to 190C, 170 fan, 375F.
2) Cream butter and sugar together.
3) Beat in egg, vanilla and milk/cream until well blended.
4) Beat in baking soda and cornflour, blend well.
5) Mix in flour until batter is just combined and free of lumps.
6) Stir in raspberries and white chocolate.
7) For cookies, place tablespoons of dough onto a baking tray. For the mini squares pictured, bung it all in a pan.
8) Bake for 15 minutes, depending on how well done you like your cookies.